About Me

Nothing more than just a normal girl on her journey to becoming a Woman. Experiencing the highs and lows of life while reaching her full potential. Although her life continues to be a battle between her goals and her innate desire to love, she is determined to succeed and holds on to hope that one day her king will find her. Welcome to the world inside me. Put your seat belts on, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Apr 18, 2016

Between the love

It's been a while since I've wrote on here. Much has changed in my life over the last few years. I've enjoyed the pace that I've went and I'm still just as in love with the idea of love as I was back then. I'm graduating next month after a long journey. The goal was always to finish at the end of the day anyway. I knew that no matter what I went through I would get my college degree. I'm excited for the other steps in my life I'll be embarking on. As for the the things between it all. I became close friends with a guy and during a vulnerable point found myself lost in what I thought was love. I don't even know if vulnerable is the appropriate word because I believe this happens to everyone. However, I was met with more than just a twist of fate in this thought to be love story. I got pregnant. I had already made a promise to myself years ago though that if this ever happened I would keep it. The consequences were mine to face and a moment like that wasn't deserving of a shortcut route. I would be responsible and understand the blessing behind it. Through this promise, I had a beautiful baby girl. Her smile births love everyday. I don't regret my choice at all. I truly believe in the forces of the universe and she was destined to be my child. As for the father, I'm only focused on building a healthy co-parenting relationship. Our personal relationship got too mixed up. When the real came out, we became completely incompatible. I tried to force a love that wasn't there and only made myself miserable. I lived in tears and pain before deciding to finally break free. I knew that if this was how my life was going to be forever that I couldn't continue doing it. In the mist of this awakening, I met a man. He became a close friend and we shared similar situations in our love life. Fast forward, I've tread cautiously only to discover that he is pure love. He makes me feel warm inside, motivates me to be a better me, makes me feel protected. He knows what I've been through and he understands me. He's willing to fight for me. He doesn't mind my insecurities because he has such a deep faith in our future. Everything about him and about us is beautiful. We just want better and want to be better. He takes me higher mentally and physically. He challenges me like nobody ever could before. When we connect, it's like we are traveling somewhere far together. Its the craziest thing what experiences do to you. We've both become so strong in our own ways. It's that same strength that holds us tighter. We just know that we don't want to be anywhere else. It's this mutual feeling of "this right here needs to work". It probably will too and we know it. Because it's almost so effortless. I've always heard a good relationship is one that takes effort but not that much effort. You can find a person that shares enough with you to make it easier and the two of you can be happy together. Life is going to be hard. The ultimate gift is a person that can keep you up when your down. He's my partner in life and I hope we don't mess up and lose each other. My job now is to be his woman and give him what he needs. I cannot fail at holding him down. My goal is to be his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment